Monday 28 May 2012

Moda Pure Quilt

I thought I would share some pictures of the quilt I finished a couple of weeks ago. Its a queen size quilt and uses a Moda Pure jelly roll which I bought several months (ermmm, nearly a year!!!!) ago at the Festival of Quilts, NEC Birmingham. I didn't know what I was going to make with it at the time, but as it was designed by Sweetwater - my all time favourite designers -  AND had text on it, I had to buy it!
I used a simple nine patch with Kona Snow for the sashing and some dark brown from my stash for the cornerstones and inner border.
I just love straight line quilting at the moment. It gives such a clean and modern look to a quilt, so whilst the nine-patches are ditch quilted, I've used straight lines, just 1" apart for the outer border and white background.
The binding is more of the dark brown stash and I've used a pale coffee coloured small print for the backing.
And do you know the best thing about this quilt?
It's actually for me!! It goes perfectly with my bedroom (so I can forget any ideas about decorating) and I love it to bits!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...